Tuesday 9 July 2013

Icon For Hire



Hey Guys! This is going to be a short post because a) This isn't a very big topic, and b) It's 11:20 at night and I'm tired T^T. Anyway, today I'm writing about a band I particularly like called Icon For Hire. This band is an American rock band from Illinois that formed in 2007.


There are two songs I particularly like from this band, first one I heard was Make A Move. This is such an amazing song. Lead Singer Ariel said this in an interview about the song  "There are amazing, wonderful, precious people in anguish because they don't have access to food. There are bright-eyed, adorable little girls forced to have sex with strangers for fourteen hours a day, and are drugged up if they fail to perform. And what do I do with information like that? I shrug, think about how sad it is, and hope that somebody will come along and do something about it. ['Make A Move'] brings up the fact that we do so freaking little with all this knowledge. We are selfish. I am selfish." When I read this I was actually stunned, and made me really think about these situations people have to go through!





My second favorite song from these guys is Iodine. I'm not sure what this song is about but it is damn well good! There is one verse of the song I really like

 "I don't like pain, but I bring it to life

I don't like scars but I am good with a knife

I don't like tears when I'm starting to cry


And then I realize I'm destroying my life

I do this to myself

I do this to myself

Stop blaming someone else

We do this to ourselves"




Now to end this post, a little comedy! The lead singer is called Ariel right? Well...

Nope, don't think it's the same person :P



No comments:

Post a Comment